ACSI Parent Survey
WCA is in the process of preparing for an Association of Christian School International (ACSI) accreditation visit in the Fall of 2022, and we need your help. Accreditation is an important process and assures parents that an independent, objective peer review of the school has been performed. It reassures parents that Weddington Christian Academy has a plan to achieve our vision, attain our objectives, and focus on continual improvement. This school year, we are in the self-assessment stage of the accreditation process. We are confident that our collective effort and work will result in positive results and future improvement. This self-study will help us gain insights into our school that can inform our future planning efforts and provide evidence of our school’s unique strengths.
WCA Parents, we need your help with this exciting event in the life of our school. We are asking that you take a parent survey to provide feedback.
CLICK HERE to take the survey by January 17, 2022.
The survey link will be available on the website and in the HAWKTALK school newsletter. Depending on how long you spend thinking about the questions, it should require somewhere between 10-15 minutes for you to complete. In general, your first impression is the most accurate, so there’s no need to over-analyze individual questions. Your response will not be tracked to you personally, so don’t worry about anyone judging you or being offended by your honest insight. Your WCA Administration greatly appreciate your participation in this effort and thank you for your time and insight.
Student input is also critical for this process, so that we will include their feedback on our school’s self-study as well. All students in grades 3-8 will be given a survey to participate in as well. There will be two different surveys, one for grades 3-5 and one for grades 6-8. These will be completed anonymously during the school day between Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is our goal to gather input from as many different stakeholders in the WCA community as possible.
Weddington Christian Academy is accredited by The Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Why pursue ACSI accreditation?
- ACSI accreditation provides state-recognized certification that our school is a trustworthy institution of learning.
- The accreditation process provides a framework to develop, implement and pursue plans that lead to improved student learning and to ensure that a school is fulfilling its vision and mission.
- Successful accreditation processes encourage schools to manage change through regular assessment, planning, implementing, monitoring and reassessment for the short and long term.
- Accreditation is a great way to assess our school’s performance in foundational areas of Christian education:
- Bible Knowledge and Biblical Worldview
- Academic Excellence
- Life Skills and Practical Application of Knowledge
- Character building and Spiritual Formation
How often does accreditation take place at Weddington Christian Academy?
- Every five-six years, schools must go through the accreditation process again to assure continual improvement.
What is ACSI Self-Study?
During the 2021-2222 school year, WCA will gather feedback from WCA teachers, staff, and administrators; Church Leaders; Parents and Students; Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF) leaders; and WCA Board of Directors.
WCA will evaluate and gather evidence of the school’s effectiveness or needed improvements in 8 areas:
- Standard 1: Philosophy and Foundations
- Standard 2: Governance and Executive Leadership
- Standard 3: Home and Community Relations and Student Services
- Standard 4: Personnel Policies
- Standard 5: Instructional Program (Academic and Biblical Permeation)
- Standard 6: Student Care
- Standard 7: Character, Values, Spiritual Formation of Students
- Standard 8: Continuous School Improvement Plan.
Achieving the status of accreditation through ACSI is a rigorous and worthwhile endeavor that holds our school’s academic bar high and keeps the faculty continuously looking for ways to improve. Being accredited is an honor and privilege for Weddington Christian Academy.